"Thank you for making sure we are remembered on Christmas. It is a lonely and angering time being away from your friends and family. It good to know we are appreciated and remembered."
-Leah Oetinger, FOB Delta, Al-Kut, Iraq
LETTER WRITING for PROJECT RUDOLPH
& OPERATION ANGEL
Whenever we are asked our greatest need, it is letters! To reach our goal of 15,000 bags this year we will need to collect more than 45,000 hand-written letters. Each bag will contain 2 hand written letters from children/youth, and 1 hand written letter from an adult. All letters must be reviewed before being handed out.
Guidelines for letter writing
- Be addressed to "Dear Soldier" or "Dear Service Member"
- Express support and appreciation
- Include a drawing if from a child (must have name and age if the child is under the age of 10)
- Tell about the writer's family, life, likes, etc.
- Share personal experiences that motivate
- Include a return address
- Be dated
- Ask any questions about war, injuries, killing, etc (Believe it or not 10% of all letters cannot be delivered because of this)
- Be politically motivated or mention politicians or political affiliation or be overly religious or preachy
- Be type written or a photocopy
- Be in a sealed envelope
- Be unsigned ... unsigned letters will not be used. You can use first or first and last name.
Please mail letters to one of the following address:
Ray and Cheri Archibald
600 S Wilson
Oakley, Id 83346